Laird Careers Careers
Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Under direct supervision, the Service Processor I is the first point of contact for customers when sending in their products for repair. The Service Processor verifies and keeps records on incoming shipments of repairs and related items, receives, unpacks and distributes incoming repair shipments and processes all incoming repair orders in the order processing system including customer interface and record keeping for the service departments.The Service Processor will interface directly, if needed, with customers to ensure timely and efficient processing of their shipment.Responsibilities
- Receives repairs and logs required information for inbound shipments.
- Assures that customer contact details, shipping/billing information and purchase order information available and correct.
- Unpacks and processes all repairs and compares contents and packing slips. Creates and routes RMA’s and returns to inventory and vendors.
- Verifies that all incoming and outgoing equipment is properly logged; and prepares outgoing repairs for shipment.
- Answers inbound calls from customers regarding their shipmments, provide information regarding non-technical service related issues and ensure the customer is satisfied.
- Contacts customers to obtain purchase order numbers and information pertinent to service processing and special handling requirements.
- Generates daily and weekly reports on open activity within the receiving department.
- Ability to enter data into a computer, become familiar with our order processing system (Syteline), use Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Ability to acquire basic product knowledge.
- Ability to use hand tools to unpack and pack shipments.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish interpersonal relationships with customers.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be a competent in proofreading, editing, spelling, composition and possess a good vocabulary.
- Must be very well organized.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and a minimum of one year of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability