Laird Careers Careers
EHS Engineer II
Based in Schaumburg, IL, the EHS Engineer II plans, directs, and implements Laird Connectivity EHS management system (LEMS) and adopts the philosophy that all accidents can be prevented. Focuses on employee health, continuously improving the work environment and culture change. Promotes worksite safety by applying knowledge of industrial processes and mechanical, chemical, and human performance principles.Responsibilities
- Continuously improve EHS performance by implementing the Laird EHS management system, Laird EHS policy and procedures; initiates safety communications and recognitions; provides training and/or arranges training for managers and employees at the assigned site.
- Deploys EHS policy and management procedures by conducting inspections and assessments, identifying and implementing improvement actions, reporting statistics and regular communicating with all employees.
- Coordinates the certification process of ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001 at assigned site(s).
- Develops procedures and implements plans to reduce the risk of injury or damage. Able to anticipate, recognize, and evaluate hazardous conditions, as well as develop control methods.
- Identifies and measures potential hazards to people or property, such as the risk of fires or the dangers involved in the handling of toxic chemicals.
- Investigates all violations and incidents/accidents; recommends preventive programs at the site level.
- Supports site management team on compliance with federal, state, and local safety regulations by studying existing and new legislation; interpreting standards; enforcing adherence to regulations; directing site management on necessary actions.
- Promotes a safe environment by coordinating and cooperating with regulatory agencies and safety groups.
- Drives the use and sharing of safety information at the site level.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees, following up on work results.
- Provides support to the production team on RoHS and other restricted substance initiatives to fit the needs defined by customer and regulatory requirements for all Laird products.
- Participates in the Laird EHS professional network through regular meetings, reviews, training and other events. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and establishing personal networks.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains all EHS management related documents to meet the audit requirements from customer, government authorities and Corporate EHS team.
- Personal computer skills such as MS Office and relational database.
- Team player; Ability to work well in a Team environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups.
- Ability to work under general supervision.
- Ability to work with clearly defined project steps.
- Basic knowledge of a particular technical area.
- A./B.S. in Safety, Mechanical, Chemical, Environmental, Occupational Health or relevant profession.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of time.
- 2-5 years of industry experience.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.