Laird Careers Careers
Sr. Manager, Product Management MCP
The Senior Manager, Product Management develops marketing strategies that’ll launch product offering, delivering value to customer base and revenue growth. Deliver global growth, profitability and return on asset for a product family, which includes multiple product lines. Responsible for managing all lifecycle aspects of a product platform, and accountable for assuring end-to-end P/L, growth and profitability across multiple business channels for the assigned products. This includes, but not limited to, developing the product vision, roadmap, business cases, investment strategies, pricing strategies and marketing efforts that are aligned and support the company's overall strategy and goals. Gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, developing market requirements and value propositionResponsibilities
- Develop and maintain market leading product road-map/strategies linked to vertical and business strategies
- Plans, leads and manages the entire life of a product line from the identification of market opportunities through design development, product launch, market penetration and growth as well as the end of life phase.
- Manages and drives product line results in their region including, all channels of distribution, all market segments and to all customers.
- Deliver global growth, profitability and return on asset for a product family, which includes multiple product lines.
- Manage a team of product managers to deliver global growth and profitability for each underlying product lines.
- Manage and drive product family results globally, particularly through application specific reference designs and distribution channels, for all market segments and to all customers.
- Identification and communication of a business strategy resulting from a thorough understanding of our customer’s requirements, the competitive environment and the Laird core competencies for each product line.
• Identification and development of new as well as existing applications and products.
• Pricing globally, working with sales management to insure that the appropriate level of pricing authority and accountability is in place to allow Laird to respond to competitive opportunities as well as threats while meeting the profitability
• Providing product as well as application training, including competitive strategies and responses, for all appropriate Laird sales channels.
• Assists and monitors the execution of key new business initiatives and opportunities to achieve growth in profitable sales.
• Definition of product requirements and specifications.
• The guidance and management of development protocols.
• Recommendations for funding of product development efforts.
• Maximize the effective use of existing assets and maximize the return on assets for the product line globally.
• Provide a foundation for manufacturing planning and capacity by developing a forecast of demand by product.
• Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
• Establish product cost, quality and delivery requirements.
• Establish a marketing communication and promotional strategy for the product line
• Demonstrated skills as a communicator, both orally and in writing
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong computer literacy is required
• Work across functional lines to translate market trends and opportunities into supported business plans.
• Capable to strategically plan future product opportunities and demonstrate strong entrepreneurial skills in translating those plans into commercially successful and profitable product offerings.
• Thirty to forty percent travel may be required in order to meet these business objectives.
• Fluency in a second language is a strong plus.
• Requires a technical bachelor’s degree - BS in EE preferred
• An advanced business degree is desired
• 7 to 10 years experience in disciplines such as marketing, sales, manufacturing, engineering and finance.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.