Laird Careers Careers
Sr. Manager, Product Management MCP
Business owner to deliver global growth, profitability and return on asset for a product family, which includes multiple product lines. Global responsibility for developing strategic plans for the product family, identifying key customer needs of corresponding applications, analyzing major market transitions for the product family, developing product family roadmap, executing on competitive differentiators, integrating and prioritizing strategic plan execution with R&D and operatons, managing product life cycles, responsible for product family forecast, pricing and capacity planning, creating marketing colleteral and promotion, and driving continous cost improvement through engineering and operations. Manage a team of product managers to deliver global growth and profitability for each underlying product lines.Responsibilities
- Plan, lead and manage the entire life cycle of a product family from the identification of market opportunities through design development, product launch, market penetration and growth as well as the end of life phase.
- Manage and drive product family results globally, including all channels of distribution, all market segments and to all customers.
- Identification and communication of a business strategy resulting from a thorough understanding of our customer’s requirements, market inflextion points, competitive environment and Laird’s core competencies for the reponsible product family.
- Establish and monitor the execution of product family roadmap to achieve growth in profitable sales.
- Definition of product requirements and specifications.
- Guidance and management of development priorities.
- Make decisions to fund product development efforts.
- Provide product as well as application training, including competitive strategies and responses, to all appropriate Laird sales channels.
- Joint customer visits with sales team and field application engineers to market product family advantages, and to collect product family requirements
- Maximize the effective use of existing assets and maximize the return on assets for the product family globally.
- Provide a foundation for manufacturing planning and capacity by developing a forecast of demand by product.
- Establish product cost, quality, safety, and delivery requirements.
- Establish a marketing communication and promotional strategy for the product family globally.
- Global pricing, working with sales management to insure that the appropriate level of pricing authority and accountability is in place to allow Laird to respond to competitive opportunities as well as threats while meeting the profitability
- Manage a team of product managers
- Grow team members to achieve high performance and optimal business results
- Demonstrated skills as a communicator, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- In-depth product knowledge, customer applications, technologies and engineering behind the product, and manufacturing process of the product
- Computer literacy.
- Work across functional lines to translate market trends and opportunities into supported business plans.
- Ability to strategically plan future product opportunities and demonstrate strong entrepreneurial skills in translating those plans into commercially successful and profitable product offerings.
- Thirty to forty percent travel may be required in order to meet these business objectives.
- Fluency in a second language is a strong plus.
- BA/BS in a technical field, BS/B.E. in EE is highly desired, an advanced business degree is desired
- 10 plus years experience in disciplines such as marketing, sales, manufacturing, engineering and finance. Experience in ceramic passive component products is highly desired
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.