Laird Careers Careers
With general supervision and direction of senior financial team members, the Financial Analyst promotes and protects value for Laird Connectivity by bringing insight to decisions and clarity to forecasts and reports, through preparation of focused complex analyses and financial, statistical, and analytical studies and research. Provides consultative, technical, and business support to decision-making functions. Prepares concise, accurate and complete reports and effectively communicates complex concepts.Responsibilities
- Provide inputs to BU strategy, including analysis and interpretation on markets, customer, sales, operation, cost etc.
- Setup standard business case templates to support Business Opportunity Evaluation process (BOE)
- Prepare consolidated key financial metrics with robust analysis and provide basic interpretation
Finance Operations and support:
- With general supervision of senior financial team members, work with business to prepare department forecasts, budgets, financial models and investment analyses with supporting assumptions and interpretation.
- Design and deliver regular or ad-hoc financial reporting based on business requirements.
- Identify issues (e.g., risks or areas of exposure) and potential resolutions related to the financial management of the organization. Identify patterns and predict potential issues.
- Assist with the development of tools and models to support BU and sites in preparing forecasts and plans for financial decision making.
- Support HFM/EDW enhancement projects for all sites
- Assist Sr. Director of Finance in the support of R&D Management , investments, R&D control and Capitalization of Development cost analysis
- Participate in Trade Working Capital (AR, AP, stock) improvement projects
- Participate in cost optimization projects (e.g. sourcing, Direct Material, non-conformance costs, R&D, F&D, overhead structure) in cooperation with other functions to improve BU profitability.
- Prepare BU investment (Capex) planning & evaluations, feasibility studies and business case calculations
- Support changes of BU standard costing model and yearly review
- Coordinate and accommodate rolling forecast & scenario planning (P&L and B/S), annual budget and reforecast process and communication with the BU sites. Provide monthly BU reporting analysis and ad hoc analysis for all BU functions (engineering, operations, quality)
- Coordinate and support the development and implementation of special projects related to specific goals and directives.
- Follow standards and policies as defined by corporate and division senior management; escalate exceptions and risks to direct manager.
- Exceptional analytical skills and experience of financial analytical techniques: Ability to develop and prepare financial analyses and plans.
- Ability to process data and to format and generate reports, which distill information from data for our partners, through clear and concise communications (written,numeric or presented).
- Knowledge and appreciation of business concepts and requirements as applicable to a global manufacturing company.
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools.
- Advanced knowledge in Excel and proficient in HFM
- Ability to interact with senior /middle management and different cultures in an international environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance Accounting or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years relevant financial partnering/analytical experience
- Advanced Excel and HFM experience required
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.