Laird Careers Careers
Sales Operations Manager
Manages the support functions essential to sales force productivity including planning, reporting, sales process optimization, sales training and sales program implementation. Leads the efforts to excute customer satisfaction for sales organization metrics to meet and achiev key customer performance indicators. Uses knowledge of company products, services, support and technology to oversee sales operations activities to achieve company goals. Maintains relationships with field personnel and technical teams to ensure timely, accurate and prompt submission of critcal information; forecast, quote and technical documentation. Supports strategic objectives surrounding sales execution and growth of product business unit’s market opportunities by managing functional teams in customer service, engineering, finance and marketing to drive customer satisfaction. Has responsibility for long-term satisfaction and performance of identified customers and markets directly on a regional level with global alignment within the DivisionResponsibilities
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement.
- Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
- Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
- Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Establishes key metrics for sales operational department, including customer service and inside engineering and customer KPI’s. Responsible for reporting and execution against individual, team and client goals;
- Leads communication of customer escalations and key decision maker for operational efficiency processes.
- Identification of sales operations efficiencies and growth potential of new or existing client objectives from technology and customer trends, analysis of internal technologies and capabilities that can be applied within business unit.
- Implements enabling technologies, including CRM, to field sales teams. Monitors the assigned sales organization’s compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data. Works closely with Sales management to optimize the effectiveness of the firm’s technology investments.
- Ability to continually work across functional organization lines to translate market trends and opportunities into financially supported business plans.
- Identification of key customers in the selected markets, analysis of customer roadmaps and integration of their requirements to ensure sales operations process competitively addresses customer needs.
- Trains and mentors team on sales operations strategy, participates in leadership meetings, client calls, including call monitoring and key escalations.
- Handles all client invoice management and reconciliation as well as management of client communication, presentations and point of contact for account management functions.
- Ability to manage diverse teams of entrepreneurs while strategically positioning the business for growth.
- Demonstrated skills as a communicator, both orally and in writing and must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in managing business process development, planning and negotiations.
Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, business or related field; MBA preferred
10+ years of experience in disciplines that involve engineering, marketing, product/business management, sales, manufacturing, and finance.
Previous leadership experience required, preferably in a client facing role.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.