Summary: Under direct supervision the Sr. Finance Manager (COM-PM) this person is responsible for some, either or all of the following; proper posting and matching of daily receipts and cash payments received at Chesterfield, and the reconciliation of issues related to identification of how cash is applied for general accounting transactions in accordance with standard accounting principles and Laird controls policies and procedures.
• Reconciles daily bank activity and identifies how to apply cash payments to an invoice level. Assures proper G/L coding and system processing to apply cash accurately. Work with AR analyst and Collections analysts to problem solve customer payments and result in a clean AR history for each customer.
• Interacts with multiple departments to ensure integrity of all general accounting transactions under this responsibility. Provide training to BU's still in transition with this function, maintaining coverage and reconciling post breakup activity until BU is 100% self sustaining.
• Maintains accurate and efficient work flows and determines appropriate communication and advisory responses for issues encountered as a part of these dutes.
• Responds as a reliable business team member to assist as needed in other projects as requested.
• Assists in daily distribution activities of AR invoices as needed.
• Accurate and timely processing of customer payments in AR subledger, daily bank deposit reconciliation and intercompany payment transactions.
• Assists with month end processes, internal and external audits, filing and other duties/special projects as assigned
• Other relevant duties as assigned.
Invoice Distribution support
Assist AR Analyst or Manager to execute 1099 Reporting as needed
External Customer Portal Loading as needed
Cross Support as needed for Collections or Cash Application projects
ING/COFACE Data Review and Submission on Credit Insurance
Other Responsibilities as determined
• Ability to follow instructions and respond to managements' direction accurately. Must be adaptable and flexible in an environment with fast changing priorities.
• Ability to manage time and priorities on a daily basis and complete all tasks accurately.
• Develop SME knowledge to support general accounting needs and assist co-workers when requested.
• Basic Microsoft Office Suite skills (Excel, Word, Access, and Powerpoint)
• Experience with EDI, ERS and VMI/consignment billing and customer portal administration preferred.
• Effective communicator, ability to respond verbally in a clear, professional manner in person and over the telephone.
• Fluent oral and written language skills in local language. Often requires fluent written and moderate speaking skills in English (Laird's standard global language)
• ERP business system experience required; preferably in manufacturing environment
• Must have strong interpersonal skills demonstrating professionalism with a customer centric approach.
Education & Experience Request
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or its equivalent. Associate’s degree in Accounting preferred
• Up to 2 years experience in an accounting related function preferred
• Previous A/R experience preferred
• Strong technology acumen
Flexible work approach and a willingness to train others.
Strong skills of dealing with ambiguity and problem solving.
Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to retain ownership until problem resolution or appropriate handoff is acknowledged.
Excellent work history with minimal work absences.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.