Laird Careers Careers
Senior Director of Product Management
Responsible for the strategic planning, product roadmaps, product definitions, and channel development for meeting the growth, profitability and return on investments for the Antenna product line. As a domain expert for the various antenna technologies including Land Mobile Radio, Cellular, WLAN, and general IoT applications, you will engage customers at mid-level management and technical levels to develop/refine portfolio strategy, influence customer & industry direction and execute strategy. This will include managing a team of product managers.Responsibilities
- Responsible for product line performance with targets on revenue, cost & margin.
- Identifies and influences market trends and opportunities for Antennas.
- Drives vision & strategy, roadmap and product lifecycle for sub business unit and its portfolio of products & solutions.
- Participate in events and industry associations to influence the direction for the business and technology in the segment.
- Be a domain/business expert for the portfolio to guide a team of product managers, establish/refine product management processes and mentor a high performance team of Product Managers.
- Work cross functionally across engineering, marketing, sales, internal and external customers, analysts and senior management teams to formulate and execute the strategy.
- Establish strong working relationship with account managers and technical sales.
- Global travel required as necessary.
- Will have strong financial acumen and accountability.
- Will engage customers at director level and above as a trusted partner.
- Cross functional leadership to define and execute the vision and strategy.
- Plan, lead and manage the entire life of a product line from the identification of market opportunities through design development, product launch, market penetration and growth as well as the end of life phase.
- Manage and drive product line results in all global regions, all channels of distribution, all market segments and to all customers.
- Pricing globally, working with sales management to insure that the appropriate level of pricing authority and accountability is in place to allow Laird to respond to competitive opportunities as well as threats while meeting the profitability objectives of the business group.
- Provide product as well as application training, including competitive strategies and responses, for all appropriate Laird sales channels.
- Assist and monitor the execution of key new business initiatives and opportunities to achieve growth definition of product requirements and specifications.
- Maximize the effective use of existing assets and maximize the return on assets for the product line globally.
- Demonstrated skills as a communicator, both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer literacy is required
- Work across organization lines to translate market trends and opportunities into financial business plans.
- Capable of strategically planning future product opportunities and demonstrate strong entrepreneurial skills in translating those plans into commercially successful and profitable product offerings.
- Thirty to forty percent travel may be required in order to meet these business objectives.
- Fluency in a second language is a strong plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in product management with antenna products, preferably at a Senior Director level.
- Technical background in Land Mobile Radio, WLAN, Cellular, GPS, RFID, Bluetooth, and/or general purpose antennas is required.
- Requires a technical bachelor’s degree plus 10 to 15 years experience in disciplines such as marketing, sales, manufacturing, engineering and finance. An advanced business degree is desired.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.