Laird Careers Careers
Hardware Engineer IV
Based in Manchester, NH; Laird is seeking an experienced Hardware Engineer who can turn new, innovative concepts into competitive products. The ideal candidate will have a passion for accepting challenges with demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced environment. A skilled team player with the ability to deliver against tight deadlines will be key to the success realized.Responsibilities
This position is responsible for creating and maintaining electrical hardware used to control antenna devices. The Laird Connectivity product line uses a software driven system to control antenna functions via an industry standard protocol. A motor controller system is used to drive the antenna functions that impact the RF performance of the system. Communication from the controller to the antenna is done over an RS485 Bus using asynchronous HDLC (High‐level Data Link Control). The Antenna Interface Standards Group has defined the protocol used to control the device, AISG v2.0.
• Design of digital and analog hardware and printed circuit board layouts
• Electrical design for embedded hardware
• Responsible for all aspects of product development, test, and debug
• Develop system level specifications for based on internal or customer requirements.
• Provide direct technical support to Customers, and internal teams to identify customer requirements, establish design expectations, and agreed upon design, performance, and goals for projects
• Ensure designs implement proper technologies while meeting manufacturing, cost, and timing goals.
• Ensure compliance to appropriate EMC/EMI regulatory standards and directives
• Extensive hand‐on experience in design, development and testing of hardware items for the commercial marketplace.
• Experience with antenna remote control design, and power supply
• Thorough understanding of testing, coding, and debugging procedures
• Understanding of EMC/EMI regulatory testing and compliance requirements
• Experience with implementing communication protocols such as RS485, I2C, USB and HDLC
• Proficient in analog, power, and digital hardware design
• Previous experience with stepper motors and controller systems.
• A working knowledge of asynchronous HDLC (High‐Level data Link Control) is desired
• Familiarity with the AISG standard is a plus
• Understanding of 3GPP documents
• Extensive experience in PCB layout and ECAD; Altium experience a plus.
• Minimum Bacheler, M.Sc. degree prefeerd in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
• 8 or more years experience
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.