Laird Careers Careers
RF Filter Design Engineer
Based in Manchester, NH; Laird is seeking an experienced Filter Engineer who has experience in design, integration, and souring of filters for advanced telecom applications. The ideal candidate will have a passion for accepting challenges with demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced environment. A skilled team player with the ability to deliver against tight deadlines will be key to the success realized.Responsibilities
- Define and develop RF filter specifications for advanced telecom applications.
- Work directly with suppliers, and with Laird’s customers to provide solutions that meet their filtering and system requirements.
- Lead filter sourcing activity and work together with Antenna engineer to integrate the filter to fulfill filter and antenna requirement.
- Evaluate filter performance using network analyzer.
- Prepare and deliver filter concept reports and final filter performance reports internal and to customers.
- Work as part of an engineering design team with mechanical engineers, the antenna lab, project managers, product managers and sales.
- Research trade publications, patents, technical papers and existing products to determine the “state of the art" of filter technology.
- Detailed knowledge of RF and microwave filter synthesis
- Experience designing Ceramic filters, Monoblock filters and cavity filters < 6.5 GHz.
- Preferred experience in designing Low PIM filters.
- Preferred experience in EMC shielding of filters and EMC verification.
- Experience designing microwave filters/diplexers with microstrip/stripline technology.
- Experience from the Telecom market
- Preferred hands-on experience in creating filters, optimizing their performance, and making them ready for production.
- Hands on experience in using Network analyzers for evaluating S-Parameters using gating in time domain and experience in using and understanding the smith chart.
- Antenna knowledge preferred and/or willingness to be involved in antenna designs.
- Preferred experience simulating and optimizing filter performance in HFSS and/or CST.
- Familiar with state of the art designs for commercial filters.
- Works well in a Team environment.
- Minimum Bacheler, M.Sc. degree prefeerd in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Mandarin speaking, reading and writing preferred but not required.
- 6 or more years experience
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.