Laird Careers Careers
DevOps Engineer II
With general supervision, the DevOps Engineer II assists with implementation and improves the development, deployment and testing tools that increase the effectiveness of the software developers.Responsibilities
- Performs code review, source control, continuous integration, software hosting, and supporting tools as assigned.
- Support, bug fix, and add requested features to existing tools
- Integrates software tools for a better software workflow
- Document existing procedures and participate in training of newly formed software teams as directed
- Transition acquired teams into the software development process
- Collaborate effectively with other groups and departments.
- Investigates, recommends and assists with implementation of new technologies
- Perform job duties with limited supervision.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to code and script: Python, Ruby, SQL, Shell are preferred
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Ability to lead small/limited project teams and deliver results against milestones and deliverables as defined.
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Basic knowledge of automation tools and their application
- Data management skills
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Linux or Unix systems administrator experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science, Management Information Systems, or related field. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 2-4 years of related IT experience within a multi-site environment
- Experience supporting IT needs of a manufacturing environment
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, Mesos is a plus.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.