Laird Careers Careers
Antenna Design Engineer
Based in Manchester, NH, Laird is seeking an experienced Antenna Engineer who can turn new, innovative antenna concepts into competitive products. The ideal candidate will have a passion for accepting challenges with demonstrated experience working in a fast paced environment. A skilled team player with the ability to deliver against tight deadlines will be key to the success realized.Responsibilities
- Design Lead for new antenna projects from initial concept to production launch.
- Design antennas using computer simulation software HFSS.
- Evaluate antenna performance using network analyzer and antenna chambers.
- Prepare and deliver antenna concept reports and final antenna performance reports internal and to customers.
- Work as part of an engineering design team with mechanical engineers, the antenna lab, project managers, product managers and sales.
- Research trade publications, patents, technical papers and existing products to determine the “state of the art" of antenna technology.
- Experience designing antenna element arrays/panels < 6.5 GHz for dual slant polarization.
- Expert in simulating and optimizing antenna performance in HFSS.
- Confident in designing as well as building and testing.
- Hands on experience in using Network analyzers for evaluating S-Parameters using gating in time domain.
- Fluent in using and understanding the smith chart.
- Hands on experience in using Anechoic chambers.
- Hands on experience with Matlab.
- Preferred experience in designing Low PIM antennas.
- Experience in Low cost antenna designs.
- Proven Track record of antennas on the market.
- Familiar with state of the art designs for commercial antennas.
- Ability to complete antenna projects from initial concept to product launch with minimal supervision.
- Works well in a Team environment and guides the team as the “expert”.
- Minimum Bacheler, M.Sc. degree prefeerd in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 5 or more years experience
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability