Laird Careers Careers
Inside Sales/Customer Service Representative
This is an entry-level customer service/inside sales position that will grow along with the organization as the Laird Thermal Systems business unit becomes a standalone company under Advent International. This role is ideal for a driven, hard-working, fun, people person looking to work in a dynamic, growing corporate environment on a strong, connected team of seven (three local, four remote).
This position supports the sales team in any and all aspects of the customer selling and sales support process. This position is responsible for performing sales activities and project / account management functions in support of customer and channel partner needs for a given region / territory / specific assignment, to ensure total customer satisfaction and to also assist the responsible Laird field sales team, acting as an extension of the outside sales force to proactively grow sales and achieve sales targets, goals and objectives.Responsibilities
* Day-to-day coordination and communication of business issues relating to customer sales while also assisting with the overall organization of sales activities for a given region / territory / specific assignment.
* Communicate with all internal departments related to fulfilling customer requirements.
* Prepare and complete customer requests for quotations, process and respond to customer sample requests and provide communication and organization of these activities along with appropriate follow up support. Secure market level pricing feedback from customers.
* Keep in close contact with territorial sales representatives and direct OEM / channel partner customers to determine needs in order to transact and expand sales revenue.
* Support specifically assigned sales activities of Laird Sales Managers to help meet sales goals and objectives.
* As required, work with engineers, program and product managers to drive special and specific customer requirements, such as creating modified standard and custom products.
* Initiate contact and correspond with customers addressing pre-sales issues through emails and phone calls.
* Support the field sales process by identifying new potential customers through follow up of the sales lead generation program as well as supporting market research efforts.
* Drive applications engineering responses due to requests for technical product information
* Help to qualify and process new business opportunities (NBOs) as well as to assist the outside sales force with NBO pipeline tracking and reporting using Laird On Demand.
* Nurture existing customers and educate them on Laird’s product solutions and value proposition.
* Help to establish sales appointments for the field sales team with qualified and interested sales prospects on a territory by territory basis.
* Assist to support updating marketing and sales forecasts. Help to maintain sales budget tracking information.
* Perform calculations, verifications and reporting of monthly commissions payments for sales reps.
* Handle customer inquiries, process orders over to customer service and resolve customer issues promptly.
* Actively participate in branch and business quality initiatives.
* Work with outside sales to drive territory penetration / execute on territory sales plans.
* Play an important role in developing and maintaining the Company's image and reputation in the marketplace.
* Help to support development of necessary sales resources such as specification and data sheets, price lists, etc.
* Maintain customer contact databases and other informational requirements.
* Attend sales meetings and conferences as necessary.
* Related projects as assigned.
* Clear and thorough understanding of World Class Customer Service.
* Must be able to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously in an expeditious, calm, organized and decisive manner.
* Ability to work independently, problem solve quickly.
* Ability to work well with others and to work efficiently and accurately in a team based environment.
* Ability to learn technical product knowledge and a strong desire for sales acumen.
* Effective time management, prioritization and project management skills.
* Ability to qualify prospects and nurture qualified opportunities through to pipeline analysis.
* Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate on all levels within internal and external groups.
* Detail oriented and excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
* Solid computer knowledge, Windows applications, MS Office.
* Good team player and strong organizational skills.
* High school diploma with college preferred.
* Less than 2 years sales or marketing experience, communications field and/or electronics background preferred.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.