The position is part of the product development and the role is to be present at our manufacturing site in Liberec. The goal of the position is to be more present and analyses actions and issues that is needed.
The role will be working with maintaining current projects, cost reductions proposals and support the development site when introducing new product on manufacturing site.
The person will work closely with the operation team and both Gothenburg and Durham team, reporting to Product Development Engineering Manager EMEA.
• Actively work on improvements of current products, for more efficient manufacturing, cost improvements or document improvements.
• Participate on local meetings with supplier when needed.
• Support the Gothenburg and Durham team with task on the production.
• Developing / maintaining product according to specifications.
• Colaborate with project team with activities to accomplish prototype and pilot production runs to mature the design of components and assemblies and meet customer needs for finished material.
• Contribute on project where needed with activities to ensure smooth release of products into manufacturing meeting customer requirements and established timelines.
• Perform risk assessment tests and use results to improve design and reduce risks before reaching manufacturing
• Be design engineer to new product development projects from concept through implantation in manufacturing
• Participate in product test, validation in production.
• Review manufacturing builds are to product specifiacation.
• Maintain leading-edge technical proficiency and stay abreast of new trends and scientific developments in fields affecting the mechanical sciences.
• Maintain laboratory notebooks to document the creation and development of new inventions. Prepare invention disclosures, and work with corporate attorneys in researching, writing and filing patent applications. Take any necessary steps to protect intellec
• Knowledge of PDM system, and SolidWork or equalent.
• Worked with a product development process.
• Excellent communication skills both in English and Czech langusih. German is bennefit.
• Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups
• Ability to work toward defined objectives with little direct supervision
• Works well in a Team environment and guides the team as the “expert” in a particular field.
• Demonstrated experience in participating on multi-disciplinary product development teams
• Good knowledge of a particular technical area within the job responsibility
Education & Experience Request
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
• min. 3 years of experience