With general direction, the Controller oversees the financial accounting and treasury management for the overall business, promoting and protecting value for the Company by control of working capital and secure internal controls.
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare monthly and annual financial statements for the business with focus on US operations, but providing guidance and leadership to the team outside of the US to ensure accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end close for all sites within the required deadline. Prepare consolidated financial statement analysis assuring the elimination of intercompany activity. Prepare and/or review monthly balance sheet reconciliations to ensure that items are expensed properly.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual budget, provide budget to actual variance analysis and actively work with and support management team in business questions with financial impact and insight to drive cost/cash flow/profit improvement.
• On time and accurate cash management reporting to make sure all site have the cash needed for operations; maintain good relationships with partner banks, monitor and report cash flow as required by management.
• Credit functions such as approving credit limits within level of authority
• Assist with the definition and documentation of standard accounting policies and the establishment of internal control procedures and ensure they are properly communicated and applied.
• Working with external auditors and tax advisors in the completion of annual audits and tax filings. Provide support to international team in the preparation of statuatory audits. Prepare annual compliance reports such as 1099 and other compliance filings.
• Manage local and international finance team
• At least 5 years of experience managing a full function finance team – experience and competencies to be comensurate with site size/complexity. Manufacturing industry experience is a plus.
• Candidate must be a self-directed team player and have a high level of motivation.
• Decision support and cost analysis experience.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills, from shop floor to site management level.
• Capable of working within a changing environment with an ability to prioritize issues with minimum resources.
• Consistently meet or exceed commitments with the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
• Excellent analytical, planning and organization skills.
• Capable of working successfully within a matrix structure providing excellent support to business partners while also providing independent financial challenge
• Ability to think tactically and analytically with objectively.
Education & Experience Request
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance,CPA certificate highly preferred.
• Knowledge of financial reporting under US GAAP
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in finance /accounting management position preferably related to manufacturing field in multinational company with hands-on experience in preparing consolidated financial statements.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability