Are you ready to step into a fast-moving and inspiring environment and work at the leading edge of technology development? If you answered yes, we may have the right opportunity for you!
Laird Thermal Systems Liberec is now looking to strengthen the team with a Strategic Buyer with Strategic Sourcing focus.
In this role, you will develop our supplier base to meet time-to-market and time-to-customer deliverables. Your focus is on the strategic sourcing aspects, such as strategy creation, supplier development, negotiation, supplier management and SRM devlopement. You will support the sourcing process development and drive the supply-chain toward set KPIs and also develop those KPIs. Understanding the market and drive the supply-chain roadmap toward alignment with our technology- and supply-chain roadmap is a key part of your job. The definition of the role is wide and varying: all the way from company level sourcing strategy creation through project sourcing support to securing prototype material. You will work with supplier selection and supplier scouting to challenge our current supplier base and to support the future need of our technology- and engineering department. One of our main targets is of course cost reduction, both on short- and long term, but also to reduce complexity in our supply chain and increase the support level from our suppliers, to better cater for the needs of our customer.
In Liberec you will work together with a diverse team that works closely with our colleagues in the U.S, China and Sweden. We have an open company culture where curiosity and cooperation are the key words. Laird Thermal Systems is currently building up and strengthening our sourcing function and you are welcome to be a part of our journey.
• Monitor performance of- and drive continuous improvement of suppliers (3CQL, flexibility, lead-time, initiatives, etc.).
• Initiate and support qualification of new suppliers
• Develop and execute sourcing strategy on company-, category- and supplier level
• Source new suppliers with alternate material, capability, capacity, or processing methods to meet Laird’s business requirements, specifications, capacity, quality and cost objectives.
• Develop supplier base and handle supplier escalations
• Implement supplier changes, monitor their success, and make adjustments as needed
• Periodic price negotiations and contract negotiations
• Maintain market knowledge and coordinate with Laird roadmaps
• Drive cost roadmaps to maintain a competitive advantage in our marketplace
• Participate in product development projects with accountability for supply-chain performance
• Develop- and implement sourcing processes and strategies
• Develop- and implement cost down projects and deliver to KPIs
• Organizational and planning skills
• Analytical, self-motivating, result focused
• Ability to work independently and autonomously
• Basics financial understanding skills
• Knowledge of the relevant industries associated with supply base is a merit
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Excellent written and oral communications skills in both Czech and English language
• Ability to develop sourcing process, strategy and structure
• Willingness and ability to travel internationally
Education & Experience Request
• BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical engineering or equivalent. Business acumen and/or MBA preferred
• Previous strategic sourcing, supplier management/negotiation, cost engineering experience
• 3 to 5 years of working experience
About Laird Thermal Systems: We focus on developing solutions for managing and actively controlling temperature in a great variety of applications, from medical X-ray systems & telecom equipment to beverage coolers & coffee machines, with one of the industry’s broadest product ranges. The enabling technologies used are thermoelectric heat pumps, compressor systems and ambient cooling systems. Controllers and communication HW & SW are an integrated part of the products.