Laird Careers Careers
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, performing preventative maintenance on electrical systems and machines and for supervising, training and evaluating the maintenance staff.Responsibilities
- Manage, train and evaluate the maintenance staff.
- Test and set up equipment and machines.
- Performing preventative maintenance and maintain equipment history records on all electrical systems and machinery in all facilities.
- Responsible for safety and fire control.
- Forecast and maintain budgetary projections.
- Purchase and maintain critical spare parts according to equipment requirements.
- Establish maintenance schedules on equipment based on OEM recommendations and production cycles
- Plan and coordinate new equipment installation.
- Assist engineering and production to meet assigned goals
- Negotiate and supervise external contractors
- Responsible for maintenance coverage to operations 24 hours a day
- Comply with and enforce all company procedures/policies
- Assist Engineering in the design and fabrication of equipment/machinery used in production.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Special facility projects as requested.
- Good English skills, both oral and written.
- Good computer skills.
- Work with minimal or no supervision
- Excellent mechanical troubleshooting ability.
- Knowledge of electronics and pneumatics relative to machinery and facilities.
- Knowledge of machine schematics and blueprints.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience with CMMS Maintenance programs preferred
- Knowledge in machine shop practices.
- Associate’s degree (technical degree equivalent) or above.
- Have 3 years maintenance experiences on electrical systems and applicable machinery.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability