Laird Careers Careers
Under general supervision, the Quality Technician II assures the Quality of Laird processes and products by performing audits, inspections, tests, defect analysis, first article sample submission, programming & troubleshooting visual inspection equipment, calibration maintenance and reporting on results of measurement standards.Responsibilities
- Conduct periodic product audits/inspections on running parts and conduct final shipment audits.
- Perform system and process audits (supplier certification, internal system, subcontractor, comprehensive process, set up verifications, etc.).
- Prepare First Article Packets.
- Investigate and process quality problems to aid in their thorough resolution.
- Program and maintain programs on OGP/CMM and/or other equipment/software including SPC files.
- Interpret internal and customer specifications to determine acceptable from rejectable products, and provide guidance for manufacturing personal on the interpretation of product quality standards.
- Develop and maintain filing system of inspection records for manufactured products.
- Update changes to customer specification criteria as required.
- Perform Receiving Inspection on vendor product to verify conformance to Laird standards. Communicate with vendors concerning quality issues if required.
- Ensure all necessary inspection records accompany shipments.
- Perform calibration of measurement equipment if required.
- Assist Quality Assurance Engineers and Manager as needed.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and other related quality system standards (e.g., TS16949 etc.). Quality System Knowledge with background in APQP, DFMEA/PFMEA and PPAP preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints with close attention to detail.
- Ability to calibrate, maintain, and use precision measuring instruments
- Ability to operate inspection/lab equipment
- Computer skills including spreadsheet, word processing, and database management software
- Data analysis skills and problem solving skills consistent with 8-Discipline technique
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Background in RF and or Electrical field preferred
- Fundamental knowledge of mathematical concepts
- Must have good or corrected eyesight to insure quality of work
- High school diploma with additional technical courses, CQT or CMI preferred.
- Minimum 2 years Quality experience in manufacturing.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability