Are you ready to step into a fast-moving and inspiring environment and work at the leading edge of technology development? If you answered yes, we may have the right opportunity for you!
Laird Thermal Systems in Liberec is now looking to strengthen the team with a Component Engineer / Sourcing Engineer. This is a 12 month temporary position.
You will strengthen the foundation of the sourcing function at Laird Thermal Systems, by analyzing and structuring our spend data and invent- and implement improvements to our data and to our supply-chain. The role is diverse; you will be working together with our engineering team to enhance the understanding and specifications of our product requirements and perform valditation of components to those requirements, while also handling truly commercial aspects such as RFQs and procurement. The role therefore requires both technical and commercial understanding. You will support our short- and long term business needs by reducing the complexity of our supply-chain (reduce cost) and structure our data to further enhance our customer offering (increase throughput and speed).
• Analyze supplier spend and categorize products on item level
• Search for new sources of supply and establish connection with suppliers
• Support supplier selection
• Work actively with supplier base to find alternative technology, production methods or business setup to further enhance the supplier offering to Laird
• Produce specifications and data sheets based on input from engineering or supplier base
• Perform RFQ events including negotitaion with low cost sourcing focus
• Initiate, drive or perform approvals of new sources of supply on product level
• Initiate and implement supplier changes, monitor their success, and make adjustments as needed
• Compile product information and cost data in database or table form
• Keep PDM system and business system up to date with relevant information
• Coordinate with Material Management to ensure smooth supplier transition at lowest cost
• Collaborates and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders such as engineering, quality both on-site and remote
• Autonomously drive cost roadmap to maintain a competitive advantage in our marketplace.
• KPI reporting
• Relevant and proficient technical expertise to succeed in the role (electrical, mechanical, process, etc)
• Preferably financial understanding and communication skills. Knowledge of the relevant industries associated with supply base.
• Negotiation skills
• Very good knowledge of Czech and English language
• Preferably understanding of manufacturing software systems, i.e. ERP, MRP
• Solid written and oral communications skills. Corporate language is English.
• Good organizational, time management, and analytical skills
• Some travel is to be expected, both domestic and international
Education & Experience Request
• BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical engineering or equivalent. Previous sourcing, supplier management/negotiation, cost and process engineering is a merit.
• 0 to 2 years experience
About Laird Thermal Systems: We focus on developing solutions for managing and actively controlling temperature in a great variety of applications, from medical X-ray systems & telecom equipment to beverage coolers & coffee machines, with one of the industry’s broadest product ranges. The enabling technologies used are thermoelectric heat pumps, compressor systems and ambient cooling systems. Controllers and communication HW & SW are an integrated part of the products.