Laird Careers Careers
Persons employed in this position are responsible for, but not limited to, managing a cross-functional team of professionals in the development of products or projects from start to completion.Responsibilities
• Define, plan and manage project milestone activities.
• Manage and direct a product development design or project team consisting of multiple engineering disciplines.
• Manage and coordinate activities between departments to meet product development or project requirements.
• Manage cost targets as set by Senior Management staff.
• Simultaneously set priorities/direction for assigned projects or programs.
• Act as the technical customer interface.
• Generate/facilitate documentation per department process and or procedures
• Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
• Support special assignment and or activity as assigned by Senior Management.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Exhibit understanding of the cross-functional relationships between inter-company groups and the expertise required to take a product through development and on to production.
• Good communication skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrate skill in Microsoft Project, Office and Power Point.
• Ability to resolve conflict and direct the Team toward a common goal of meeting Customer milestones and project timing.
• Attention to detail, drive for results
• Ability to hold Team meetings and create/maintain Action items.
• Ability to travel to customer facilities and other Laird facilities, including some international travel.
• Ability to work in a global environment across multiple cultures.
• Ability to understand and monitor project costs.
• Ability to provide direction to the various disciplines and prioritize the Team’s focus
• Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical field. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• 3+ years experience in a similar position, preferably in the automotive sector.
• Technical understanding, knowledge of design
• PMI Certification a plus.
• Experience/knowledge in manufacturing processes preferred.
• Working knowledge of the OEM vehicle launch timing a plus.
• Ability to understand technical aspects of the product and support top level discussions with the Customer.
• APQP, DFMEA/PFMEA knowledge or experience a plus.
• Basic understanding of plastic injection molding, SMT and electronic assembly a plus.
• Experience in global manufacturing a plus.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.