Laird Careers Careers
Process Engineer I - Production
Responsible to provide scientific technical knowledge of the processes used to product Company products. Provides understanding of the mechanisms at work in the processes that are used to produce Company products and serves as a support person to Manufacturing Engineering and the factory. Provides engineering efforts towards continuously, improving safety, quality and delivery performance of a particular process area provides technical assistance to internal customers and troubleshoots in process problems as they arise and makes necessary adjustment to produce quality products in a timely manner.Responsibilities
- Analyze and improve all existing and new equipment and processes as needed.
- Troubleshoot in-process problems and make recommendations to increase productivity. Resolve ongoing process and tooling related problems proactively.
- Create documentation to support existing processes and equipment in accordance with Quality Systems.
- Design and implement processes, equipment, and documentation for all new projects.
- Coordinate the design and fabrication of small fixtures and tooling with the fixturing and tooling groups
- Solve manufacturing problems related to equipment, processes, or designs
- Review production processes and recommends changes for improvement; goals should include current technologies which lead to: creating a safer workplace, producing products with higher quality, quicker delivery of products and producing products at a lower
- Assist maintenance in troubleshooting and repair of equipment
- Assist Design Engineering with design and prototyping of new or modified products.
- Provide technical expertise in the area of process engineering.
- Develop processes, equipment, and fixtures to aid in the manufacture of products.
- Develop, revise, and upgrade routers, standard operating procedures (SOP), and bill of materials.
- Train and instruct associates in performance of their assigned duties using operations work instructions.
- Develop and implement process capability plans.
- Work with production managers to prepare plant layouts for maximum utilization of floor space and resources.
- Personal computer skills such as MICROSOFT OFFICE and relational database.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in a Team environment
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups
- Ability to work under direct supervision
- Ability to work with clearly defined project steps
- Little to no knowledge of new product development processes and work flow
- Little to no knowledge of some SBU product lines
- Little to no experience in participating on multi-disciplinary product development teams- Limited knowledge of a particular technical area
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field.
- 0-2 years of experience
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability