Laird Careers Careers
Customer Service Representative
Based in Schaumburg, IL, or Akron, OH, the Customer Service Representative II handles a variety of tasks simultaneously in a high volume call center in an expeditious, calm, organized and decisive manner. The individual should be an independent worker, able to problem solve quickly with a general supervision. Additionally, the candidate must have the ability to work well with Laird’s cross functional team based environment. We are searching for a detail-oriented team player who is a strong communicator.Responsibilities
- Create world class customer service through excellent account management.
- Escalation of web site process and service issues in a timely and consistent manner.
- Meet customer expectations through effective communication via phone and email.
- Interact with manufacturing to prioritize orders and with other areas of discipline to identify and solve problems pertaining to sales, service and delivery.
- Coordinate with appropriate groups all special requirements to include product configuration, testing and shipment dates for orders.
- Proactively communicate any changes in commitment to distribution and/or dealers.
- Work with other departments to successfully resolve customer issues in a timely fashion.
- Determine the best plan for each client, up-selling, cross-selling and overcoming objections.
- Provide high touch customer service for a high tech product by building and maintaining client relationships and following departmental processes.
- Investigates/resolves common problems. Promotes company products/services.
- Assesses basic needs of customer and suggests alternative products/services.
- Resolves product/service problems.
- Clear and thorough understanding of World Class Customer Service.
- Ability to create a “cared for” customer atmosphere.
- Demonstrates sound business judgment and decision making.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and problem solving skills.
- Strong business correspondence skills.
- Thorough understanding of Internet technologies including browser basics.
- Team player with positive attitude.
- Computer competencies including: MS Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to customer service issues.
- Ability to present the product and the company in a professional manner.
- College degree or 6 years equivalent in work experience.
- 3 plus years of customer support experience.
- Experience in a high performance team-based environment preferred.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.