Laird Careers Careers
Junior Legal Counsel
Based in Cedarburg, WI, and under general supervision, the Junior Legal Counsel assists with the management of the legal business matters pertaining to the organization.Responsibilities
- Drafting contractual documentation with clients, suppliers and business partners. Support negotiations when needed.
- Involvement in specific legal project work from time to time.
- Acts as advisor on legal issues involving the organization’s government and regulatory compliance.
- Reviews legal data and advises organization on appropriate legal action to be taken.
- Demonstrates and applies knowledge of general corporate matters, including corporate organization, securities compliance, drafting transactional documents, license agreements, employment law, immigration law, data privacy, risk management asset-backed financing, and contract management.
- Experience in trade secrets, advertising law, registration and other resolutions specific to the technology industry as well as regulatory and compliance reporting.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, subordinates, and supervisors regarding administrative, business, legal and technology matters.
- Team player.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline preferred; JD required. Qualified to practice law in accordance with country/jurisdictional practices.
- Two years of post qualification experience in similar role
- Electronics and wireless component related experience or chemical/materials related experience is a plus
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.