Laird Careers Careers
Director of Quality
Based in our Akron, Cedarburg, or Schaumburg office, the Director of Quality is responsible for, but not limited to, development, deployment and implementation of global quality assurance programs for the respective Business Unit (BU).Responsibilities
• Develop and strengthen corporate Quality Manual, Policies and Systems and procedures that meet business unit and other requirements (e.g., ISO, TS-16949, AS 9100, key customer requirements, etc…). Coordinate with operations and technology to establish and maintain global quality procedures and standards for the BU/product lines which utilizes best practice approaches.
• Develop specific strategic approaches for global operations for Quality and Environmental, Health and Safety improvement
• Develop and maintain Quality Assurance goals and objectives in accordance with corporate and Divisional goals.
• Develop and strengthen the formal Environmental policies and systems. Maintain certification to global standards for each.
• Serve as Corporate and/or Divisional Management representative for ISO all system related activities.
• Develop and maintain internal quality auditing system.
• Prepare corporate cost of quality KPI reporting for periodic executive management review.
• Drive in-plant improvements in Cost of Quality and other KPIs using all appropriate tools of Lean Enterprise and Six Sigma
• Standardize and implement on global best practices
• Develop and implement strategies to improve customer satisfaction globally
• Understand customer feedback and lead improvements to customer DPPM, scorecards or status reports
• Reduce customer complaints, respond on time with effective analysis and corrective action
• Develop metrics to track progress and drive improvement globally
• Lead and develop the global Quality team; Lead CIP activities
• Provide highest level of expertise and global support to the BU on the Quality requirements for the product lines (customer requirements, product acceptance, best practices, product and process quality/technical expertise, etc.).
• Evaluate and maintain Quality Assurance staffing and resource requirements.
• Establish and maintain Reliability, Quality Engineering, Inspection and ISO support activities.
• Provide training to departmental staff relating to Quality Assurance functions.
• Develop and maintain Corrective/Preventive action systems.
• Provide customer interface regarding on site customer assessments, problem resolution and continuous improvement activities.
• Excellent knowledge and experience with implementing management system standards (including ISO 9001, 14001, 18000, TS-16949, AS 9100 standards) as well as best practice Quality initiatives.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Must communicate fluently in English.
• Ability to build and facilitate teams.
• Attention to detail.
• The position includes important external contacts and demands a strong ability to cooperate with and develop trustful relations with customers.
• Strong Troubleshooting/problem solving Skills (8-D expertise preferred).
• Ability to build and facilitate teams.
• Strong project management skills – Coordinating Multi Site/Global initiatives.
• Lean Kaizen leader, Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt preferred.
• Data Driven Individual with strong attention to detail.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, masters degree preferred.
• 3 years minimum leading quality systems implementation and improvement.
• Minimum of 5 years in management position.
• Minimum of 5 years related experience in Design, Quality and/or Manufacturing
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.