Laird Careers Careers
Mechanical Engineer IV
Based in our Manchester office, the Mechanical Engineer IV is responsible for developing new products and/or materials that support current product lines or helps establish new product lines. Perform performance characteristic testing of new and existing products. Provide technical assistance to customers and the organization. Responsible for providing mechanical engineering expertise to a variety of projects in the development of products, processes or equipment to meet the needs of the Company.Responsibilities
• Design new antenna and microwave product to meet mechanical, environmental requirements while embodying the most cost effective solutions possible.
• Ensure designs implement proper technologies while meeting manufacturing, cost, and timing goals.
• Work directly with customers, and internal teams to identify customer requirements, establish design expectations, and meet agreed upon design, performance, and goals for projects.
• Develop and maintain project timelines to ensure all key deliverables are met.
• Coordinate activities to accomplish prototype and pilot production runs to mature the design of components and assemblies and meet customer needs for finished material.
• Coordinate project activities to ensure smooth release of products into manufacturing meeting customer requirements and established timelines.
• Perform risk assessment tests and use results to improve design and reduce risks before reaching manufacturing
• Contribute to the launch of new programs with the various affected global manufacturing facilities.
• Could lead new product development projects from concept through preparation of turnover to manufacturing,
• Write technical papers on significant findings that can be used as a sales training aid, help promote new products or be published in technical journals.
• Maintain leading-edge technical proficiency and stay abreast of new trends and scientific developments in fields impacting the mechanical sciences.
• Work with other departments in obtaining samples and test data. Provide other departments with information needed to prepare catalogs and other sales literature.
• Maintain laboratory notebooks to document the creation and development of new inventions. Prepare invention disclosures, and work with corporate attorneys in researching, writing and filing patent applications. Take any necessary steps to protect intellect
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with Solidworks software. Strong skills in PLM, MICROSOFT OFFICE and relational database.
• Excellent design and engineering drawing skills.
• Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups
• Ability to fully define project scope, deliverables and team requirements as well as execute program plans with minimal supervision.
• Ability to lead project teams and deliver results against milestones and deliverables.
• Demonstrated understanding of most new product development processes and work flows.
• Works well in a Team environment and guides the team as the “expert” in a particular field, capable of leading a sub-team formed around the technical expertise.
• Demonstrated experience in participating on multi-disciplinary product development teams
• Demonstrated Mastery of a particular technical area within the job responsibility.
• Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related disciplineOther
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.