Laird Careers Careers
Inventory Logistics Specialist
Based in Warren, OH, the Inventory Logistics Specialist will be responsible for executing the company’s inventory controls, policies, standard procedures, and systems at a local site level to achieve accurate financial inventory information at an operating site level. The role will analyze the local site’s inventory transactions to identify problems, recommend solutions and drive implementation of improved practices, tools and policies. It will also formulate and align site logistics’ operational processes with corporate policies and guidelines and local Supply Chain Strategies. The position will be accountable to Implement logistics’ initiatives to support local site’s requirements and achieve lowest landed cost, quality, and on-time delivery targets.Responsibilities
- Recommends and develops local strategies related to inventory management
- Monitors and audits transactions performed and process created in the company’s ERP system
- Maintains cycle count activity, by providing counting instructions, variance reporting and reconciliation of monthly counting activities; Participates in physical count twice a year
- Researches root causes of inventory discrepancies by extracting data from Syteline
- Performs extensive analysis of inventory transactions and reports to identify, process, system and training deficiencies
- Maintains inventory data integrity and tracks accuracy of inventory
- Serves as technical leader of the site inventory reporting and transaction processing tools, including building and enhancing them to improve the accuracy in reporting financial information
- Designs, implements, and tests internal controls, documentation, reporting, training, systems and solutions to drive inventory accuracy
- Establishes partnerships with other departments to build inventory accuracy, standard procedures, controls, practices and systems
- First point of contact for local site operational escalations involving inventory accuracy & warehousing
- Participates in the development and deployment of new processes, policies, and procedures across the site to create breakthrough impact on the highest opportunity areas of the supply chain
- Accountable for daily site logistics operations, processes, workflows, and escalation management through proactive interaction with key stakeholders including order fulfillment, materials management, and other supply chain teams.
- 1-3 years of demonstrated progressive experience involving inventory audit and analysis and logistics tactical operations encompassing inventory & warehousing in a manufacturing and/or distribution environment
- Detail oriented, with exceptional organizational skills
- Spreadsheet and database skills using MS Office’ Excel
- 1-3 years of experience utilizing MRP/ERP as the primary inventory control tool.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate solutions and resolve issues in timely manner
- Excellent customer service skills building effective cross-function partnerships
- Must poses effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with MS Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and basic database ad hoc query and reporting capability
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
Education & Experience Requested
- HS diploma required.
- 1-3 years related work experience
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.