Under general supervision, the Specialist will conduct new product testing in the product development stage. This position will be assigned a wide range of development tasks to support the technical needs of the Company by applying electrical engineering, electromagnetic and other specialized knowledge in the area of electromagnetics and/or radio frequency.
• Assist Scientists and Engineers on sample assembly and testing.
• Assist Scientists and Engineers on test fixture design and wiring.
• Assist Test engineer on validation test in internal and external lab, and report generating.
• Independently analyze and improve existing testing method, equipment, processes, or designs as assigned.
• Implement test fixture, equipment, and documentation for all new projects.
• Participate in cost reduction for the testing fixture, equipments.
• Create documentation to support existing testing processes and equipment.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Good organizational and communication skills, both written and oral.
• Basic knowledge on RF i.e. transmission line theory, S parameters, antenna theory, communication and circuit theory, etc.
• Familiar with RF testing equipment, i.e. Network analyzer, Spectrum analyzer, Signal generator, Power supply, etc.
• Strong practical technical ability
• Good skills Microsoft, Excel, and MS office
• Good English skills (read and write).
Education & Experience Request
• Degree or equivalent work experience.
• 2 years+ working experience in testing or similar position
“As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability“