Laird Careers Careers
Senior Director, Category Management
The Senior Director, Category Management will be responsible for the overall leaderhip of strategic Category Management and New Product Introduction (NPI) Sourcing; including the AVL strategy for a $500M revenue division with plans to grow to $1B revenue. The position will develop and implement policies and processes for the global Category Management function to meet established objectives. In addition, it will develop and implement category strategies across the division to create a competitive advantage while minimizing risk. Deliverables include cost, technology, delivery, and quality from the supply base to support the needs of the business and future strategies.Responsibilities
- Develop and implement world class strategic category management function for the division with category direct and indirect spend of $500M+ globally.
- Structuring, staffing and development of the global category management team. Optimize the global footprint of the team. Ensure team is focused and achieving targets and deliverables. Develop and manage global projects to achieve targets.
- Develop 3 year strategic category and sourcing plans to align with technology roadmaps, manufacturing strategies, footprint changes, and acquisitions.
- Category team will research and formulate 3 year commodity strategy aligning with technology roadmaps, manufacturing strategies, market conditions, and acquisition strategies.
- Selection, contracting of, development, and management of strategic suppliers / commodities and service providers.
- Manage and anticipate risks that impact cost, technology, or availability of supply and develop strategies.
- Lead and motivate direct team and indirect teams in the BU global procurement organizations. Effectively lead and drive change cross functionally, externally and internationally.
- Provide technical assistance to new product development, product enhancement teams, site and local purchasing teams and plant materials management teams.
- Influence and implement changes in the business units by working with Design, Operations, Finance and IT functions.
- Builds strategic relationships with key category suppliers in order to achieve short and long range goals and objectives. Set internal and external goals to realize strategic business objectives and attain them. Monitor, analyze results, and initiate action.
- Establishes, approves, drives the contract / terms and support such with LT teams & responsible categories
- Provides the strategic business level management and voice / decision maker to top suppliers in the category portfolio for Laird (Is the voice of Laird Technologies) .).
- Lead strategic category contract negotiations, processes and approval related to the procurement of direct and indirect material.
- Proven ability to develop and implement effective global category organization for $1B revenue company.
- Ability to communicate cross functionally as well as up and down the enterprise Demonstrated global team management skills.
- Demonstrated strong communications, negotiation, and management skills.
- Detailed hands on knowledge of supply chain systems, tools, and techniques.
- International category management experience.
- Strong cross-functional leadership, relationship building and collaboration with business organizations.
- Highly adept at strategic and quantitative analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in sciences, engineering, or business - minimum requirement. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of category management
- Experienced in strategy development and process implementation in category space
- APICS/CPM certification desirable.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity