Laird Careers Careers
Supplier Quality Engineer
The primary function of the Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) is to drive supplier quality assurance and supplier quality improvement activities at the site level. The SQE maintains all needed controls over suppliers at the site (e.g., PPAP, Process audits, IQC, NCMR, CAR, etc…) to minimize supply disruptions and ensure customer requirements are met. The SQE monitors supplier performance and drives supplier improvements to ensure that supplier quality goals and business goals are met. This position is based in Liberec (Czech Republic).Responsibilities
- Coordinate supplier PPAP per project requirements
- Conduct process audits at suppliers for new projects and validation of corrective actions in case of supplier quality problems.
- Establish needed inspection standards and methods for supplied product. Provide training to LT supplier quality technicians and suppliers where appropriate.
- Address supplier quality issues/rejects and ensure prompt resolution via added containment, NCMR, and effective CAR process. Work with sourcing team to charge back valid costs to suppliers.
- Monitor and evaluate supplier performance. Drive improvements to ensure supplier quality goals are met.
- Set performance improvement goals with problem/targeted suppliers and work with them to ensure improvement goals are met.
- Maintain supplier nonconforming material/MRB process and assure timely resolution and disposition of material.
- Work with Global Supplier Quality Team to ensure Global Supplier Quality procedures are implemented at the site, and ensure consistent/aligned monitoring and improvement of suppliers is mantained.
- Conduct Supplier assessments when needed as requested by the Global Supplier Quality Team.
- Knowledge of incoming material visual and dimensional quality inspection. Ability to use inspection, measuring and test equipment.
- Skill in computer Office software (such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Czech and English language is a must
- Team cooperation - maintain positive, cooperative attitude with operators, technicians, engineers, supervisors and suppliers.
- Supplier quality management skills: Assertive facilitation skills and ability to drive results.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills (Strong verbal and written English skills).
- Flowcharting ability and procedure analysis.
- Knowledge of statistical process control, 6 Sigma, Lean manufacturing, Quality methods.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the PPAP, MSA, SPC, FMEA, APQP processes
- Strong auditing skills
- Knowledge of Social Responsibility and Environmental requirements (RoHS, REACH, EICC, ISO 14000, OHSAS 18000, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with ISO 9001 & TS-16949
- May require business travel up to 40%.
- Bachelor Degree in Electro-technical field
- 3+ years supplier quality experience.