Laird Careers Careers
Translate internal and/or external customers quality expectations into factors that can be measured and integrate quality initiatives into projects throughout the life cycle of the product. Assure the Quality of processes and products by consistently promoting continuous improvement in all areas.Responsibilities
- Function as the voice of the customer regarding quality issues and to represent Laird to the customer.
- Develop working relationships with assigned customers and team members.
- Develop, revise, and maintain Quality documentation as necessary.
- Facilitate and participate in the Continuous Improvement efforts utilizing Quality Tools.
- Facilitate and participate in the Corrective Action process (8D), the MRB (Material Review Board) process, the First Article process, Part Certification process, and the Business System Auditing process.
- Oversee the activities of Quality Inspectors as assigned to achieve quality objectives.
- Monitor partners and suppliers regarding effective and on time failure analysis; review their 8D-reports.
- Assist in Advanced Quality Planning for New Products as required by Project Management
- Assist Departments with Quality System and Product Quality related issues and coordinate the Quality effort.
- Analyze and provide recommendations of failure analysis of components returned by the customer as required.
- Create quality related reports for internal and external distribution.
- Perform supplier audits, internal audits and participate in customer audits.
- Establish and maintain quality data like PPM, D/P-FMEA, 8Ds, PPAP's, SPC, MSA and others as appropriate.
- Work with manufacturing partners and suppliers regarding their specific requirements.
- Coordinate the PPAP process (including developing, reviewing and approving FMEAs, Control Plans, MSA, SPC, etc… as appropriate) working with all parties involved (e.g., engineering, suppliers/manufacturing partners, operations…) to ensure customer and LT
- Provide training on quality related topics to others in the organization.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Excellent communication skills (Czech and English language is a must)
- Ability to work well in a Team environment.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups.
- Ability to work with management to establish project Milestones and executes with little supervision required.
- Ability to work toward defined objectives with little direct supervision.
- Demonstrated understanding of new product development processes and work flow.
- Works well in a Team environment and guides the team.
- Demonstrated experience in participating on multi-disciplinary product development teams.
- Good knowledge of a particular technical area within the job responsibility.
- Able to work successfully in a deadline-driven, fast paced environment and effectively multi-task multiple priorities in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing requirements and schedules.
- Knowledge and experience with TS16949 and ISO9001: 2000.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to read interprets and analyzes blueprints.
- Flowcharting ability and procedure analysis.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrotechnical field.
- 5-8 years of experience