Laird Careers Careers
Systems Engineer - Safety (Engineering)
Based in Warren, OH with general direction, The Systems Engineer IV will Conceive, design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for software enhancements and new safety and non-safety products.Responsibilities
- Develops software and tools in support of design, infrastructure and technology platforms, including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases, cloud-based and Internet-related tools.
- Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- Participates in safety analysis and development of functional and technical safety concepts.
- Will lead the team in Safety culture and help to ensure the safety of complex, critical system applications such as locomotive powertrain controls.
- Personal computer skills such as MICROSOFT OFFICE and relational database.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in a Team environment
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups
- Ability to fully define project scope, deliverables and team requirements as well as execute program plans with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead project teams and deliver results against milestones and deliverables.
- Demonstrated understanding of most new product development processes and work flows.
- Working knowledge of at most all SBU product lines, with detailed knowledge of 2 or more SBU product lines.
- Works well in a Team environment and guides the team as the “expert” in a particular field, capable of leading a sub-team formed around the technical expertise.
- Demonstrated experience in participating on multi-disciplinary product development teams
- Demonstrated Mastery of a particular technical area within the job responsibility.
- Automation programming skills using IEC 61131 (required)
- Ability to work with safety risk analysis and fault tolerant redundancy architecture
- Familiar with Functional Safety management
- Knowledge of SCADA, supervision, IIOT (an asset).
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 8+ years' experience
- 3+ years' experience in Safety (Functional Safety or Process Safety)
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.