Laird Careers Careers
Territory Sales Manager - Southeastern U.S.
This Territory Sales Manager role is targeting the Southeast portion of the U.S. This professional is tasked with assisting the engineering department in communicating benefits and advantages of products and services to customers. Responsible for sales of all business segment products and services within the assigned geographic territory. Directly manage and coordinate activities of assigned distributors and indirect Manufacturers Representatives in such a way to meet planned goals and objectives.Responsibilities
- Understand applications and engineering functions of products and services within assigned business unit;
- Confer with customers to identify technical requirements and modify and adjust products and services to meet customers’ specific needs;
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support;
- Work with engineering department to provide appropriate product engineering designs and customization for customers
- Offer technical consultative and engineering support to sales team;
- Analyze customer design requirements and offer feasibility/scope assessments to customer requests
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to existing and prospective customers
- Explain the technical aspects of company products to existing and potential customers and identify how the product will solve a specific customer problem;
- Recommend improved materials or products to customers and advise customers on how new products or adapted products can lower costs or increase production efficiencies
- Assist in researching and developing new products.
- Accelerated experience with Microsoft Office Software including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Technical knowledge of electrical engineering principles.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Knowledge of the business behavior, customs, tradition in industry
- BA or higher degree or prior work experience in lieu of formal education.
- Minimum 5 years of combined experience in sales in the electronics industry.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.