Laird Careers Careers
Located in Schaumburg, IL, the Human Resources Administrator supports company strategic objectives by delivering conscientious quality service to all levels within the Organization. Responsible for variety of HR support including database maintenance, administration of employee programs, support recruitment activities and other HR related activities.Responsibilities
- Assists in the processing leave of absence approvals and rejections.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Responsible for maintaining employee files.
- Processes and inputs various information related to documenting human resources activities such as new hire, change-of-status, performance evaluations, benefits, terminations, etc.
- May prepare special reports, such as insurance, COBRA, OSHA, service date and headcount using HRIS.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with all levels of employment.
- Reviews and tracks policies to assure Laird compliance
- Administers and provides support with Education Assistance, Employee Recognition, during Open Enrollment and other employee programs
- Onboarding support including background checks, welcome packets and orientations to new hires, assuring I9 complete
- Enter all termination information into HRIS, assure that exit interview surveys are sent and completed.
- Provide documentation and work as the go between for Disability/WC and FML claims.
- Keeps track of visa status and works with employees/legal to ensure Laird is in compliance with federal laws.
- Provides support with nonexempt temp staffing and internship programs as required.
- Supports HR with special projects as required.
- Computer proficiency (i.e. Windows-based applications, MS Office, Internet, HRIS etc.)
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
- Communication and interpersonal skills with ability to explain HR policies and procedures
- Ability to achieve results under tight deadlines
- Ability to keep confidential information private
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- BA/BS in business preferred
- Minimum 1 years hands-on experience in HR preferred
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.