Laird Careers Careers
RF Engineer II
This position is based in Grand Blanc, MI. Armed with specialized knowledge in electrical engineering, electromagnetic, and other specialized knowledge in the area of radio frequency transmission and reception, the RF Engineer II will design & develop products for Laird. The role will also be responsible for the technical performance of RF related products, for providing technical expertise to product development teams in the RF area, and for supporting the test methods required for the development of RF related products.Responsibilities
- Design antennas using computer simulation and experimental techniques.
- Fabricate and test novel antenna designs for use primarily in vehicle applications.
- Characterize antenna performance by conducting electrical tests such as VSWR, Gain, P1dB, and far field gain measurements.
- Compose written reports to fully document all project activity.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations to a variety of small or large groups.
- Work as part of an engineering design team with mechanical engineers, drafters and project engineers to develop new RF related products.
- Provide updates on project status and technological changes to the design team.
- Provide support and assistance to project team as needed.
- Write research papers and patent applications, as required by the Company.
- Personal computer skills such as MICROSOFT OFFICE and relational database.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a Team environment.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups.
- Ability to work under direct supervision.
- Ability to work with clearly defined project steps.
- Possess some limited knowledge of new product development processes and work flow.
- Experience in participating on multi-disciplinary product development teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or a related field.
- 2-5 years’ experience.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.