Position: Scientist I
Summary: Under direct supervision in a research and development environment, the Scientist I will apply basic scientific knowledge and skills to develop solutions during the product and technology development process.
• Applies basic scientific methods and principles to specific projects and technical challenges.
• Conducts analytical studies using sophisticated laboratory instruments following clearly defined procedures and processes under the direction of senior-level scientists.
• Develops knowledge of commonly used scientific analysis techniques and practices within the specialty.
• Maintains a clean and safe laboratory environment.
• Builds sound relationships with manufacturing, engineering, marketing, and technology groups enabling a proactive response to market changes and/or customer demands.
• Presents results of studies/experiments effectively.
• Assists with the preparation of comprehensive reports for new product formulations and procedures under the direction of more senior scientists.
• Personal computer skills such as MICROSOFT OFFICE and relational database.
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work well in a Team environment
• Limited knowledge of a particular technical area
Education & Experience Request
• Requires Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant Scientific or Engineering discipline (Physics, Math, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering)
• 0-2 years of experience