Laird Careers Careers
Material Scientist (Chemist)
This position is based in Cleveland, OH. Within defined procedures and practices in a research and development environment, the Scientist II will apply basic knowledge of a technical area and general scientific knowledge to develop solutions during the product and technology process.Responsibilities
- Applies scientific methods and principles to assigned projects and technical challenges.
- Independently conducts basic analytical studies using sophisticated laboratory instruments following clearly defined procedures and processes for review by senior-level scientists.
- Applies basic knowledge of commonly used scientific analysis techniques and practices and working knowledge of product lines within the specialty to develop solutions to product and technology challenges.
- Builds productive internal relationships with manufacturing, engineering, marketing, and technology groups enabling a proactive response to market changes and/or customer demands.
- Actively participates on multi-disciplinary product development teams.
- Presents results of studies/experiments conducted effectively and responds to questions from group/team.
- Prepares accurate and concise reports related to the studies conducted and assists with the preparation of comprehensive reports for new product formulations and procedures.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory environment.
- Personal computer skills such as MICROSOFT OFFICE and relational database.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in a Team environment
- Limited knowledge of new product development processes and work flow
- Basic knowledge of a particular technical area
- Bachelor’s Degree in Scientific field (Master’s Degree Preferred)
- 2-5 years of experience
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.