Laird Careers Careers
Senior Finance Manager
Based in Cleveland, OH (manufacturing / production site) and with general direction, the Senior Finance Manager will partner with the site and appropriate functional management; promoting and protecting value for Laird by bringing insight to decisions and clarity to forecasts and reports, driving business performance improvement, control of working capital, and secure internal control.
This role will provide insightful analysis, forecasting, external and internal reporting, and business decision support, through proactive interactions with all site functions and close cooperation with the Finance function at the Business unit level, FSSC and Corporate.Responsibilities
- Support the operational and relevant functional teams and be a proactive member of the Site Management team. This includes providing direct support to all site supported functions including operations, sales, engineering, procurement/purchasing and quality on both strategic and operational initiatives.
- Bring insight to decisions through analysis of financial statements including income statements, working capital and cash flow comparison to annual budgets and forecasts, identifying decision options and implications.
- Actively work with and support site and functional management teams in all business questions related to financial impact. This includes participating in decisions, providing analysis and insight into the financials and drive for cost/cash - flow/profit improvements; working with site and functional management to devise leading indicators that predict financial results.
- Own the yearly budget and forecast work, at the site level, and prepare rolling forecasts and ad hoc estimates on request; overseeing monthly and year-end close (coordinating the associated work).
- Ownership of internal and external reporting to meet the needs of partners, while complying with relevant IFRS, Laird internal reporting standards and local reporting rules, including impairment rules.
- Responsible for external reporting where FSSC can support with data and information needed for statutory reporting, this also includes reporting to local tax authorities (except for US).
- Provide detailed analyses on monthly basis and ad hoc when needed and drive corrective actions within the organization.
- Oversee finance partnering activity of Cost Accountant (costing, operations, variances etc.)
- Develop analytical techniques and reports to drive decision making with a bias for action.
- Coordinate with external auditors and internal auditors.
- Lead and develop the Finance department.
- Strengthen internal control system by coaching partners to ensure that LT policies and procedures (including Group Operating Rules) are adhered to.
- Support legal risk management for business partners through review of legal contracts under guidance of corporate legal.
- Actively participate in site risk assessments, providing financial insight to assessments and decisions.
- At least 5 years of experience managing a full function finance team – experience and competencies to be commensurate with site size/complexity. Manufacturing industry experience is a must.
- Candidate must be a self-directed team player and have a high level of motivation.
- Decision support and cost analysis experience.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, from shop floor to site management level.
- Capable of working within a changing environment with an ability to prioritize issues with minimum resources.
- Consistently meet or exceed commitments with the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
- Excellent analytical, planning and organization skills.
- Capable of working successfully within a matrix structure providing excellent support to business partners while also providing independent financial challenge.
- Ability to think tactically and analytically with objectivity.
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- CPA or equivalent professional certification highly preferred but not required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in finance /accounting management position in multinational company preferably related to manufacturing field, with all hands-on operation finance experience.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.