Laird Careers Careers
VP of Sales
Located at one of our key sites (Akron, Cedarburg, Schaumburg) the Vice President of Sales has responsibility for monitoring and analyzing sales activity against goal, managing and directing the execution of sales plans and initiatives, and establishing, implementing, and managing a comprehensive sales structure that can meet or exceed corporate revenue expectations in all major geographic and market segments. The Vice President will also provide format, support, and guidance to manage complex sales cycles involving Fortune 50 companies’ electronic systems design and their sub-contractor partners by creating a structure that enables the company to directly sell to and manage large accounts while addressing smaller accounts and/or geographies through indirect channels.Responsibilities
- Work with major clients to develop new methods to increase sales.
- Communicate with internal departments to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Identify new markets, develop and implement strategies to sell products.
- Negotiate pricing with current and prospective customers.
- Define and achieve or exceed sales objectives, and manages the overall sales budget.
- Build, develop and manage sales team capable of delivering yearly targets.
- Develop annual sales plan in support of organizational strategy and objectives.
- Direct implementation and execution of sales policies and practices.
- Contribute to the identification and definition of solutions, product positioning, pricing, and promotion strategies.
- Directly manage major existing client accounts / key prospects and coordinate the management of all other accounts.
- Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; excellent communication skills oral and written, demonstrated people management and development skills.
- Demonstrated global sales leadership in a highly competitive, technical industry.
- Ability to communicate cross functionally as well as up and down the enterprise.
- Enterprise business skills including document processing, spreadsheets, communication systems, presentation skills, and related office software and tools.
- Proven ability to recruit, direct, and manage a successful sales team
- BA/BS and/or MBA in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or related field
- 10+ years of experience in sales with positions of increasing responsibility and accountability
- 5+ years of experience in a senior sales role, with a technology company preferred
- Managing over $60mil in revenue for complex manufacturing organizations
- Ability to rapidly grow and train a sales force
- Proven ability to identify, initiate, negotiate, and close deals with corporate customers
- Ability to formulate and implement sales and positioning strategy and tactics in a competitive environment
- Experience in developing and deploying effective sales and service management systems and processes
- Ability to manage multi-million dollar programs
- Intimate knowledge of assigned markets
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.