Laird Careers Careers
Marketing Project Specialist
Based in a home office environment, anywhere in the U.S., the Marketing Project specialist will support B2B tactical marketing initiatives (both internal and external) that increase awareness, generate sales opportunities, and improve prospect knowledge and decision-making. Mainly, this role prioritizes research and logistics, but also involves coordination and implementation of marketing projects within advertising, collateral, web, events and more. The Marketing Project Specialist will work closely with the entire marketing team plus additional characters throughout sales and business development. This is an entry- to intermediate-level opportunity for an inspired individual to learn and grow in a vigorous environment.Responsibilities
- Know LT sales/marketing/brand strategies; understand how your projects contribute to those strategies
- Help prepare marketing plans, kickoff meetings, storyboarding, presentations, status reports
- Help generate outlines and content ideas/comps for print and web campaigns
- Design and develop various print and web items, including catalogs, promos, slides, photos, e-blasts, etc.
- Maintain advertising schedules, submit insertions and verify/track ad placements
- Preserve style guides and frameworks to ensure consistent design identity between marketing materials
- Handle logistics and act as point of contact with vendors associated with marketing projects
- Assist in the implementation of various market research activities such as surveys
- Manage fulfillment of various sales/marketing activities such as sample kits/collateral
- Work with a database to do lead formatting, import and status reporting
- Handle marketing admin functions including budget/spending, scheduling, filing, reporting
- Handle purchasing and invoice reconciliation
- Stay abreast of market trends, influences and opportunities and alert marketing manager(s)
- PC proficiency in Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Strong technical and promotional writing and editing skills
- Attention to detail in grammar, content, framework, design and function
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team, and handle high pressure/deadlines
- Must be able to interact effectively and comfortably with both senior management and staff
- Must be willing and able to travel occasionally
- Print production experience required; web production experience helpful
- Must exhibit outstanding coordination and communication skills—verbal and written.
- BA/BS desired
- 3-7 years professional experience in marketing, public relations or related fields.
- Familiarity with electronics industries and/or B2B marketing preferred.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.