Laird Careers Careers
Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Temporary/Contract)
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, ensuring prompt and accurate shipment of our products and verifying incoming shipments to ensure total customer satisfaction.Responsibilities
- Receive and verify daily shipments from small package services and various truck deliveries: match purchase order with slip, enter information into computer, and deliver to appropriate area.
- Unload and verify freight deliveries: unload with forklift and deliver to appropriate area, check due dates, package counts, and check for damage, and enter information into system.
- Maintain control of inbound materials parts and supplies for department, unload deliveries, verify contents (address, quantity, etc.) and determine appropriate handling.
- Prepare all shipping, receiving, and inventory functions on ERP system.
- Ship small package service packages by completing necessary information on form.
- Complete internal air bill, bill-of-ladings, and other documents.
- Close out UPS and Federal Express shipping systems and run daily reports.
- Arrange for packages to be picked up by carriers.
- Handle return shipments to manufacturers.
- Wrap packages for shipment and attach invoice.
- Maintain file of vendor purchase orders.
- Assist in warehouse maintenance.
- Prioritize and organizes orders to be shipped according to ship dates.
- Package and addresses material for shipping.
- Complete internal and external shipping documents.
- Arrange for transportation of completed orders.
- Receive, unpack, and verify accuracy of shipments from vendors.
- Distribute incoming shipments to appropriate locations.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Data entry experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Must have good or corrected eyesight to insure quality of work.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to learn quickly, works reliably and accurately, and performs well as a member of the Production Control team.
- Ability to operate forklift.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years experience in all phases of shipping and receiving.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.