Laird Careers Careers
Prototype Operator (Temporary/Contract)
Under general supervision, the Prototype Operator is responsible for, but not limited to, performing operations including, use of equipment to meet company standards for quality and quantity on a rotating basis to produce high quality prototypes in a timely manner to ensure total customer satisfaction.Responsibilities
- Read blue prints to determine instructions and part specifications.
- Assemble parts according to blueprints meeting quality and quantity objectives.
- Perform all operations on machines, operating equipment, and production fixtures.
- Verify part accuracy by using various measuring equipment and gauges.
- Complete necessary paperwork as needed.
- Quality check parts in the assigned process.
- Read work orders, follow engineering drawings and/or receive verbal instructions regarding duties.
- Assemble, position and align parts in specified relationship to each other.
- Attend training as required.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Attention to detail.
- Must have good or corrected eyesight to insure quality of work.
- Ability to use both hands for repetitive wrist, hand, and finger motions.
- Ability to work with a variety of glues, solvents, and chemicals.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs on an occasional basis.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple work instructions, engineering drawings and company policies.
- Less than high school education. No prior experience or training is required.
- Experience working in assembly of small components, keyboarding, checking, for manual dexterity preferred.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.