Laird Careers Careers
Process Development Engineer- Polymer Compounding and Molding
Responsible to provide scientific technical knowledge of the compounding, extrusion, and molding processes used to produce Laird products. Provides understanding of the mechanisms at work in the production processes and serves as a support person to Manufacturing Engineering. Provides engineering efforts towards continuously, improving safety, quality and delivery performance of manufacturing areas. Provides technical assistance to internal customers and troubleshoots in process problems as they arise and makes necessary adjustments to produce quality products in a timely manner.Responsibilities
- Analyze and improve all existing and new equipment and processes as needed.
- Troubleshoot in-process problems and make recommendations to increase productivity. Resolve ongoing process and tooling related problems proactively.
- Create documentation to support existing processes and equipment in accordance with Quality Systems.
- Design and implement processes, equipment, and documentation for all new projects.
- Solve manufacturing problems related to equipment, processes, or designs
- Review production processes and recommends changes for improvement
- Assist maintenance in troubleshooting and repair of equipment
- Assist Design Engineering with design and prototyping of new or modified products.
- Develop processes, equipment, and fixtures to aid in the manufacture of products.
- Develop, revise, and upgrade routers, standard operating procedures (SOP), and bill of materials.
- Train and instruct associates in performance of their assigned duties using operations work instructions.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups
- Works with management to establish project milestones and execute project plan.
- Ability to work toward defined objectives
- Demonstrated understanding of new product development processes and work flow
- Works well in a Team environment and guides the team as the Subject Matter Expert in the facility’s key processes
- Demonstrated experience in participating on multi-disciplinary product development teams
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) – Mechanical, Chemical, Polymer or Plastics Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5 years functional engineering experience with polymer compounding, extrusion, and molding processes.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.