Laird Careers Careers
Data Warehouse Architect
Based in Schaumburg, IL; Akron, OH; or Cedarburg, WI; the primary function of the Data Warehouse Architect will be to serve as the technical architect of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) solution. This includes development of the technical strategy, overall data architecture, implementation and delivery of the EDW. The Data Warehouse Architect will develop and monitor the solution, using third-party services where necessary.Responsibilities
- Define data model to ensure OLAP readiness and ETL processes, including data quality and testing.
- Design and delivery of OLAP objects and reporting environments.
- Serve as a liaison with business functions to understand and document requirements.
- Develop and maintain technical design documentation.
- Drive data quality / master data policy to develop / maintain an integrated enterprise environment
- Mentor and supervise the Data Warehouse Developer/Analysts on projects
- Assist with other departmental duties as requested or necessary to meet the business conditions.
- Observe all company policies and procedures including housekeeping, safety, and confidentiality of information.
- Adhere to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- 5-7 years experience as a Data Warehouse Developer/Analyst or Sr. Data Warehouse Developer/Analyst or 1-2 years experience as a Data Warehouse Architecht.
- Possess conceptual and analytical skills, knowledge of the business domain and the ability to balance theory with practical reality
- Proficiency with SQL programming, database tuning, operating systems, relational database and programming techniques.
- Experience with various technologies, which may include: Informatica Power Center, Informatica Cloud, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, PerformancePoint, SQL Server, Power Shell, Progress, XML, Power BI, Master Data Management Technologies (Maestro or like technology)
- Experience with OLAP schemas, such as Star or Snowflake
- Strong database modeling and ETL programming skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to coach and supervise Data Warehouse Developer/Analysts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work successfully in a deadline-driven, fast paced environment and effectively multi-task priorities in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing requirements and schedules
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred. Experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience leading/managing a data warehouse implementation
- 5-10 years data warehouse programming/analysis experience.
- Experience working in a regionally disperse, multi-national workforce.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.