Laird Careers Careers
Site Services Supervisor
Based in Akron, OH this role will ensure the smooth operation of technology in our Akron office and lead a small, global site services team responsible for day-to-day operations and support the end-user computing environment (including PCs, phones, printers, scanners, fax, site servers and any other local technology).Responsibilities
- Maintain good relationships with leaders of Laird site within area of responsibility to understand site needs and perception of IT service delivery.
- Manage and improve team performance in Incident Management, Request Fulfillment and Access Request Fulfillment processes.
- Automate, or facilitate the automation of, common repetitive tasks performed by site services team.
- Deliver training, supervision and mentoring to team members.
- Create an atmosphere of exceptional customer service.
- Ensure IT policies and procedures are observed by team members.
- Help manage relationships with service providers, as assigned.
- Adhere to, enforce and support Laird IT policies, processes and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience working within a regionally disperse, multinational workforce.
- Experience supporting IT needs of engineering and manufacturing environments.
- Experience in Desktop Services including managing Active Directory objects / Windows 7/10 desktop environments, Windows Servers, and desktop management tools (e.g. SCCM, MDT)
- Knowledge of network infrastructure and operation and basic troubleshooting (e.g. switch, router, firewall)
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally for occasional project work.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing requirements and schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Services Technician certification or equivalent is strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of IT related experience, including experience supporting or managing a multi-site environment
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.