The Website Manager is responsible for the user experience, functional development, content and operational management of Laird’s global website ecosystem.
He/She will collaborate across the business to develop, agree and deliver a highly effective website strategy and roadmap based on insight from customers and strategic business goals. Collaborating and influencing across multiple teams, the individual will deliver all aspects of the agreed roadmap, across multiple disciplines, from SEO to operational optimization, design, UX and content.
He/She will effectively manage content and optimize the user experience in the front end of the website and also manage the back end architecture and performance of the site. He/she will work with website developers, copywriters and UX experts to deliver rapidly and iteratively through an Agile development approach.
He/She will be a customer champion and subject-matter expert enabling Laird Performance Materials (PM) division to effectively deploy campaigns and content to meet their specific commercial and customer marketing goals.
• Ensure that Laird’s website ecosystem meets the needs of Laird’s business operations for effective engagement with customers, distributors, suppliers, partners, employees and media.
• Collaborate across the business to develop, agree and deliver a highly effective website strategy and roadmap based on insight from customers and PM divisional strategic goals. Where necessary, create compelling cases for investment in key initiatives and ongoing website management.
• Communicate effectively across senior leaders and other relevant teams to ensure that the website activity constantly aligns with the needs of the business. Ensure that the wider organization understands and is involved in development and optimization where the opportunity arises.
• Create a customer centric culture and ensure that activity/decision making is underpinned by solid insight and data. Be the voice of the customer in conversations with other parts of the business where relevant.
• Collaborate with Marcom and Product Marketing to ensure that commercial objectives are met through ongoing activity, campaigns and content. Specifically, deliver the targeted number of marketing qualified leads for PM division.
• Support Business Unit internal marketing functions with setting effective web strategies, while also providing training and support in utilizing web tools and content management systems, to ensure business goals are met.
• Deliver a strong user experience for Laird’s website (including design, UX and UI) ecosystem’s and demonstrate this through robust measurement, benchmarking and reporting.
• Ensure website properties deliver consistent high operational performance with minimum downtime, fast page load time and minimum errors.
• Ensure that website properties align with Laird’s brand guidelines and develop these further where relevant. Ensure that the narrative of Laird and PM division flows through the content of the website and that our content is simple, jargon free and succinct.
• Coordinate API data flow between CRM systems and integration with external information systems and data sources to ensure an optimum user experience
• Act as subject matter expert on Search Engine Optimization (SEO), ensure that Laird’s web properties utilize SEO best practices.
• Operate proactively to identify opportunities and innovative ways to optimize performance. Stay close to fast moving industry best practice.
• Implement the agreed content strategy for the business across digital channels.
• Customer centric and insight led. The ability to translate data and metrics into true actionable insight.
• Experience of successfully implementing and running Agile development teams
• Ability to collaborate with (and influence) key internal stakeholders to establish a clear vision, strategy and roadmap for the Laird’s digital presence.
• An excellent communicator, with the ability to simplify complex concepts and thoughts for senior management
• Expansive HTML, CSS and API knowledge and experience
• Demonstrable experience of managing and successfully optimizing website operational performance
• An up to date knowledge of UX and UI best practice and a good eye for graphical design
• Expansive and up-to-date knowledge of search engine optimization, paid search, and online marketing best practices
• Experience with Salesforce.com and/or similar CRM
• Demonstrable experience of developing and successfully implementing content strategy for a B2B organization
• Excellent commercial acumen and financial management
Education & Experience Request
• BA/BS in Marketing, Business or related field or equivalent experience
• Fluent English
• Minimum 5 years of experience in B2B digital marketing or website management (Agile environments preferred)
• Familiarity with high-tech environment and/or electronics industries preferred
- have been in similar role in MNC is preferred