Laird Careers Careers
Territory Sales Manager (Southwestern U.S.)
Located in the Southwestern United States, with Houston or Dallas being the preferred locations, the Territory Sales Manager (TSM) will promote, expand, maintain and support the sale of Radio Remote products within Laird’s Controls Business and is the local point of contact for both End Users and Channel Partners in the Overhead Crane and Industrial Rail Market. The TSM will also be responsible for cultivating new strategic markets currently not served by Laird. In addition, the TSM will identify potential customers and develop relationship with potential channels in this market segment.Responsibilities
- Establish, develop and manage strategy for business growth within the assigned territory.
- Utilize professional consultative sales expertise to conduct business analysis and then develop, present and implement customized solutions to the customer.
- Identify and target new OEM customers and develop relationships at a senior level, engaging the company’s senior management.
- Provide regular feedback to senior management on sales potential and other important activities within market responsibilities.
- Develop and implement field sales training for Channel Partners.
- Collect marketing and competitive information and report as needed.
- Ability to work with various organizational levels of customers and Distributors.
- Ability to make sound decisions with minimal information.
- Drive for results.
- Ability to influence people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- MUST be fluent in Spanish, both verbal and written.
- Must reside in the Southwestern United States.
- Salesforce knowledge (a plus).
- Must have a keen understanding of automation technology and how it fits into productivity and safety gains.
- Up to 50% travel to customer facilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or Sales.
- 5-10 years of experience with proven success in a Sales role.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.