Laird Careers Careers
With general direction, the Finance Manager partners with site and appropriate functional management, promoting and protecting value for Laird by decision engagement, bringing insight and clarity to forecasts and reports, driving business performance improvement, control of working capital and secure internal control.
The Finance Manager provides insightful analysis, forecasting, external and internal reporting,and business decision support, through proactive interaction with all site functions and close cooperation with finance function at Business unit level, FSSC and Corporate.
- Support the operational and relevant functional teams and be a proactive member of the Site Management team.This includes providing direct support to all site supported functions including operations, sales, engineering, procurement/purchasing and quality on both strategic and operational initiatives.
- Bring insight to decisions through analysis of financial statements including income statements, working capital and cash flow comparison to annual budgets and forecasts, identifying decision options and implications.
- Actively work with and support site and functional management team in all business questions with financial impact, this includes participating in decision, providing analyses and insight to financials and drive for cost/cash flow/profit improvement.
- Own the yearly budget and forecast work at site level and to prepare rolling forecast and ad hoc estimates on request; oversee month and yearend closing and to coordinate the work with FSSC.
- Ownership of internal and external reporting to meet the needs of partners, while complying with relevant IFRS, Laird internal reporting standards and local reporting rules, including impairment rules.
- Responsible for external reporting where FSSC can support with data and information needed for statutory reporting, this also includes reporting to local tax authorities (except for US).
- Provide detailed analyses on monthly basis and ad hoc when needed and drive corrective actions within the organization.
- Evaluate completeness, accuracy and viability of ROI, IRR, and Payback on capital projects.
- Calculate and book royalties, sales/use tax, allocation of variances on periodic basis.
- Responsible for cost accounting accuracy, annual cost revaluation including setting of standard costs, calculation of labor and overhead rates, performing system updates, and coordinating with other sites regarding cost inter-dependencies (intercompany costs).
- Active engagement in on-going efforts to ensure the accuracy of BOMs and Routings to include collaboration with engineering, quality, and production to improve accuracy and make updates as required via DCN (ECR/ECO) process.
- Develop analytical techniques and reports to drive decision making with a bias for action.
- Coordinate with external auditors and internal auditors
- Collaborate and coordinate with other site Finance Managers for developing and sharing of best practices.
- Lead and develop the site Finance department.
- At least 4 years of experience managing a full function finance team – experience and competencies to be comensurate with site size/complexity. Manufacturing industry experience is a must.
- Cost Accounting experience with a manufacturing organization.
- Candidate must be a self-directed team player and have a high level of motivation.
- Decision support and cost analysis experience.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, from shop floor to site management level.
- Capable of working within a changing environment with an ability to prioritize issues with minimum resources.
- Consistently meet or exceed commitments with the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
- Excellent analytical, planning and organization skills.
- Capable of working successfully within a matrix structure providing excellent support to business partners while also providing independent financial challenge
- Ability to think tactically and analytically with objectivity.
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting required
- CPA or equivalent professional certification highly preferred but not required
- Minimum of 8 years finance experience with minimum of 3 years experience in finance /accounting management position in multinational company preferably related to manufacturing field, with all hands-on operation finance experience.
- Prior experience with government contract pricing and negotiation preferred.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.