Laird Careers Careers
Senior Financial Analyst (TEMP)
Based in Chesterfield, MO with general direction from the Director of Finance, the Senior Financial Analyst brings insight to decisions and clarity to forecasts and reports. Provides consultative, technical, and staff support, to decision-making functions. Prepares concise, accurate and complete reports and effectively communicates complex concepts.Responsibilities
Finance Operations and support:
- Work with business to prepare operating expense & cash forecasts, budgets, financial models and investment analyses with supporting assumptions and interpretation.
- Design and deliver regular or ad-hoc financial reporting based on business requirements.
- Identify issues (e.g., risks or areas of exposure) and potential resolutions related to the financial expenditure of the organization. Identify patterns and predict potential issues.
- Develop tools and models to support functions and sites in preparing forecasts and plans for financial decision making.
- Manage and understand the Trade Working Capital (AR, AP, stock) and cash flow for the central division
- Prepare BU investment (Capex) planning & evaluations, feasibility studies and business case calculations and ensure capital expenditure is tracked from a cash and additions perspective
- Provide monthly reporting analysis and ad hoc analysis for all functions to Group including analysis of risks and opportunities
- Detailed work on ensuring exceptional cost items are correctly identified and recorded in the accounts and tracked for each specific project
- Follow standards and policies as defined by corporate and division senior management; escalate exceptions and risks to direct manager.
- Exceptional analytical skills and experience of financial analytical techniques: Ability to develop and prepare financial analyses and plans.
- Ability to process data and to format and generate reports, which distill information from data for our partners, through clear and concise communications (written, numeric or presentational).
- Knowledge and appreciation of business concepts and requirements as applicable to a global manufacturing company.
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools.
- Knowledge and understanding of business research principles, processes, and techniques, including skill in the use of survey and market research methodologies, systems, and techniques .
- Ability to interact with senior /middle management and different cultures in an international environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance Accounting or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Five years relevant financial partnering/analytical experience.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.