Laird Careers Careers
Product Data Technician
Laird is a global technology company that enables mission-critical mobile connectivity through wireless applications, antenna systems, components and solutions that protect electronics from electromagnetic interference and heat. Connected Vehicle Solution division of Laird develops unique combination of “smart” antennas and in-vehicle capabilities that enable 5G, LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and satellite communications; full telematics features; consumer electronic device integration; over-the-air software updates for vehicles; in-vehicle data streaming; USB hub; wireless in-vehicle charging and other connected car benefits that enhance safety and the driving experience.
For our development site in Bucharest we are looking for a
Product Data Technician
- Maintains files of engineering drawings, project reports, specifications, product proposals and documentation. Ensures documents meet standards.
- Prepares process and status reports, assigns and monitors document numbers, and reviews documents for accuracy and completeness. May require preparing changes in CAD and changes MRP file documents.
- May be required to manage MRP information regarding sales orders, work orders, purchase orders, item information and planning.
- Create documentation to support existing products, processes and equipment in accordance with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Coordinates the interaction between engineering, manufacturing, field operations, and marketing to ensure appropriate changes are documented.
- Uses CAD database, software blueprints or copy or microfilm machines for reproduction of documentation. May be required to generate designs in different formats
- May require use of 2D and 3D computer aided design software for creating models, patterns, templates, and component detailed drawings within required specifications as directed.
- Internal and external interaction with suppliers.
- Perform other duties as requested or necessary to meet business conditions and changes.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Generate product data in PDM system.
- Handle ECRs and ECOs.
- Support product and engineering documentation.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- CAD/CAM skills in AutoCAD, ProE, Catia or Solidworks as required
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Strong mathematical background.
- Detailed knowledge of MRP systems may be required.
- Possesses understanding of engineering process.
- Basic knowledge of product lines and marketing and basic technical knowledge of a single area.
- 2 year technical degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of design or manufacturing engineering experience