Laird Careers Careers
Electronics Component Engineer II
Laird is a global technology company that enables mission-critical mobile connectivity through wireless applications, antenna systems, components and solutions that protect electronics from electromagnetic interference and heat. Connected Vehicle Solution division of Laird develops unique combination of “smart” antennas and in-vehicle capabilities that enable 5G, LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and satellite communications; full telematics features; consumer electronic device integration; over-the-air software updates for vehicles; in-vehicle data streaming; USB hub; wireless in-vehicle charging and other connected car benefits that enhance safety and the driving experience.
For our development site in Bucharest we are looking for an
Electronics Component EngineerResponsibilities
- Review new component library entries
- Keep component data consistent, non-redundant, reliable, up-to-date
- Support engineers for component selection process
- Support management of supplier component quality reports, PPAP etc.
- Run regular library reports
- Manage component PCN database (PCN = Product Change Notification)
- Support engineers and Sourcing regarding component market situation, discontinuations etc.
- Optional: Generating Schematics Symbols
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Well organised Electronics Engineer
- Strong mathematical background.
- Experience with electronics components:
- hardware (electronics) designer in engineering
- field application Engineer or sales support at a component supplier or distributor
- component design engineer
- purchaser of electronic components
- manufacturing engineering (working with components)
- electronics technician
- Possesses understanding of engineering process.
- Basic knowledge of product lines and marketing and basic technical knowledge of a single area.
- 3-5 years of experience
- Master / bachelor in electronics engineering or similar