Laird Careers Careers
Software Engineer responsible for product firmware. Projects will include design for new product and functionality upgrades, continuous improvements and customer support.Responsibilities
- Produce firmware engineering design documents from product requirements specifications, and effectively communicate those designs to colleagues and managers.
- Develop test plans for firmware/hardware design-proof testing and feasibility studies with regard to cost and schedule for specified firmware designs
- Investigate modes of failure with regard to legacy firmware.
- Provide technical support to Customers and work directly with them, and internal teams to identify customer requirements, establish design expectations, and agreed upon design, performance, and goals for projects.
- Develop and maintain project timelines to ensure all key deliverables are met.
- Coordinate activities to accomplish prototype and pilot production runs to mature the design to meet customer needs for finished products.
- Coordinate project activities to ensure smooth release of products into manufacturing meeting customer requirements and established timelines.
- Write technical papers on significant findings or inventions that can be used as a sales training aid help promote new products or be published in technical journals.
- Maintain leading-edge technical proficiency and stay abreast of new trends and scientific developments in fields affecting the firmware and systems sciences.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks to document the creation and development of new inventions. Prepare invention disclosures, and work with corporate attorneys in researching, writing and filing patent applications.
- Personal computer skills such as MICROSOFT OFFICE and relational database.
- Excellent communication skills
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups
- Define project scope, deliverables and team requirements and execute program plans with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead project teams and deliver results against milestones and deliverables.
- Demonstrated understanding of most new product development processes and work flows.
- Working knowledge of at most all SBU product lines, with detailed knowledge of two or more SBU product lines.
- Guides team as the “expert” in a particular field, capable of leading a sub-team formed around expertise
- Demonstrated experience in participating on multi-disciplinary product development teams
- Demonstrated Mastery of a particular technical area within the job responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or computer science or a closely related field.
- Knowledge of integrated circuit hardware fundamentals and microprocessor functionality.
- Knowledge of PC system architecture.
- 8 or more years of experience
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.